The ultimate purpose of your ecommerce site is to produce as many conversions as possible. However, each lead you pursue costs your brand money. As a result, most companies work to maximize the chances of conversion for every lead acquired. A key criteria in achieving this is making sure your site is customer friendly from top to bottom. Here’s how you do that,
1. Make Your Site Accessible to Everyone
People with disabilities may not be able to use a standard website. Make sure that your site is accessible to people with vision issues, hearing problems, or other disabilities. This will not only increase your appeal to disabled users, but it may also boost your ranking in search engine results.
2. Offer Affordable Shipping
High shipping costs drive consumers away. In fact, many consumers will even abandon a cart full of products if they feel the shipping costs are too high. Offer affordable shipping options, as well as shipping incentives for customers who make large purchases. If you can’t afford to absorb the cost of shipping, consider raising product prices slightly to compensate for more affordable shipping options.
3. Offer a Variety of Payment Options
To provide customers with as much convenience as possible, offer a variety of secure payment options. Examples of common payment options include Amazon payments and PayPal. You should also offer payment via credit card and ACH transfer.
4. Help Customers Decide What to Buy
In some cases, customers may come to your page looking for a product, but they may not be quite sure which brand or type they should purchase. To help them make the right decision, offer plenty of information that they can use to compare their options. Examples of information that should be made available include reviews and testimonials from past shoppers, recommendations of similar products, and information about which products have been most popular with shoppers in the past.
5. Make Your Policies Clear and Readily Available
6. Build a Strong Presence on Social Media
Online shoppers often visit brand’s’ social media profiles before deciding to make a purchase. Build a strong presence on all of the most popular social media websites, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Here are some key tactics to increase your ecommerce rates through social media:
- Share videos – Facebook users alone watch 100 million hours of video… in one day. It is safe to say that consistently posting videos will increase engagement.
- Properly tag everyone – It is crucial to give credit when credit is due. Tagging guest bloggers and people you’ve quoted will boost your social media recognition.
- Schedule your posts at the perfect time – To increase impressions and engagement, posting on social media at the correct time is key. No one is going to read a post at midnight so make sure you are posting at a time when social media followers are most active.
- Share your content more than once – It is common for followers to miss out on a post that they can benefit from. Sharing your content more than once will not only give them another opportunity to catch the post, but stats prove that click-throughs increase greatly.
7. Reassure Consumers With Security Information
Building trust is vital. Consumers who visit your website want to know that their private information is being kept safe and secure. Display security badges on your website so that consumers know which tools you are using to protect their information.
8. Incorporate Other Communication Channels
In some cases, consumers put products into the cart but don’t complete the transaction. Use other communication channels, such as email and mass texting, to remind consumers and encourage them to convert. For example, sending regular emails to your subscribers will be much appreciated. It is pointless to just capture a bunch of email addresses. Sending “welcome” emails as well as frequent newsletters will increase value to your customers.
Studies show that an absurd 78% of businesses are not content with their current conversion rate. Using the tips above will give you a head start in adjusting your company so that your customer base are increasingly satisfied, consequently resulting in an increase in your conversion rates.
This is a guest post by Ken Rhie, CEO of Trumpia, which earned a reputation as the most complete SMS solution including user-friendly user interface and API for mobile engagement, Smart Targeting, advanced automation, enterprise, and cross-channel features for both mass texting and landline texting use cases. Mr. Rhie holds an MBA degree from Harvard Business School and brings 30 years of software, internet, and mobile communications background.