Best Practices to help scale your App Marketing ROI
Wondering how you could improve your app marketing ROI? You are not alone! Ecommerce brands have started adapting to an “App-led” shift in consumer behavior which means that App Marketers like you are battling newer marketing challenges.
25% of app users never open an installed app.
User expectations in terms of the overall experience have grown and you are probably focusing on personalizing user engagements both within and outside your app.
Just 1/4th of installed users access an App everyday. User infidelity! Brands today work really hard on building user relationships and this is especially true in the app world. User engagement and retention is probably the second biggest challenge for an App Marketer today.
98% users do not buy in their first visit – they must be engaged and nurtured to prompt a purchase. If this weren’t enough, a slowing economy and growing investor expectations require marketers to bring in greater results.
Getting the right mix of marketing channels and using them effectively can help you deal with all of these challenges and scale your App Marketing ROI.
Here are 7 quick tips to get started:
1. Know your users: Start gathering data. Identify sources that have driven “loyal user” downloads. Use these channels that have helped you get high-value downloads in the past and bring in new app users.
2. A/B testing: Explore and experiment. Try new things, track results and see what works for your brand. App Marketing comes in different shades and you must find one that works for your brand.
3. Personalization: Personalize your messages at a user level. Parameters like location, in-app behavior, device type, past purchase history could help you tailor conversations at a user level and help you break through the clutter of blanket messages.
4. Go multi channel: Susan drops off your website and visits your app. She drops off again to visit Facebook. Mobile users have smaller attention spans and access content from so many different sources. Stay with your users through this journey; target them on the right channels and at the right time. While doing so, understand the user’s need for privacy and set frequency caps.
5. Track uninstalls: While you get busy onboarding new users, do stay connected with the existing ones. Understand behavioral patterns displayed by your uninstalled users. Activate re-engagement campaigns for existing user with similar traits. For true app monetization, continue driving installs but also remember to plug the leaks and actively prevent uninstalls.
6. Set up a feedback mechanism: What do they have to say about your products and services? What makes them come back to your app? Try different channels like emails, push, sms to connect with your users and gather feedback.
7. Measure:Focus on metrics like active users, session intervals, number of conversions, acquisition costs per channel, life time value that help you evaluate how closer you are to achieving your marketing goals.
Best practices into action
Your App Marketing Platform must have these 3 capabilities:
- The platform must be able to gather user level behavioral data and utilize this for personalized messaging.
- You must be able to access as many channels as possible through the platform. Also, the platform should ensure that your multi-channel remarketing strategies run in sync.
- You must be able to gather real-time analytics and understand how your marketing efforts have been faring.
I hope this blog has been helpful.
If you are wondering how to grow user engagement and retention, here’s a guide that you must totally read.